zaterdag 10 oktober 2009

Chai latte



Right now I'm sitting in my room wrapt up in my fake fur blanket and drinking chai latte.
Chai latte is a creamy delicious drink of tea and milk with over 8 natural spices, it is healthy and has been thought to even have health benefits. I'm really addicted to it, and its getting extremly popular in the west now. But strange enough nobody in Holland has yet heard of it, and thats a shame because it is so delicious and everyone would love it here too! You can drink it in coffee and tea houses, or you can make it yourself, or you can buy one pot at Espresso house. I have the pot from espresso house. With the chai powder in the pot you only have to mix it with water and milk. But offcourse it tastes better when you drink it in a coffee house or tea house. My chai latte pot is almost empty, and I can't buy a new one until christmas because I don't know where to buy it in Holland :( . So i searched on the internet how to make it yourself, and here is the recipe:

You will need:
  • 1 1/2 cups of water

  • 1 1/2 inch stick of cinnamon

  • 8 cardamom pods

  • 8 whole cloves

  • 1/4 inch fresh ginger root (sliced thin)

  • 2/3 cup of milk

  • 6 teaspoons sugar

  • 3 teaspoons of Darjeeling Tea leaves

How to make it :

Place water, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger in a pot and bring to a boil.

Cover and lower heat to low setting and simmer for 10 minutes.

Add milk and sugar and again bring to simmer.

Next, add the tea leaves, remove from heat and cover.

Let steep for 3 minutes and strain.

( I got the recipe f rom www.2basnob.com)


It is a bit complicated to make it yourself, at least that is what I think.
But I will trie it once my powder is finished, and you should too!
Enjoy!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten